Attorney-at-law Aliaksandr Danilevich has more than 20 years of experience in the legal profession and specializes in representation of clients’ interests in state and international arbitration courts. In most cases, the attorney leads cases covering several national jurisdictions.
Aliaksandr Danilevich is recommended by an independent international guide Who’s Who Legal in the fields of:
- Litigation (Who’s Who Legal: Litigation 2016, 2017);
- Arbitration (Who’s Who Legal: Arbitration 2017, 2018);
- Sports and Entertainment (Who’s Who Legal: Sports & Entertainment 2016).
Aliaksandr Danilevich is the winner of the prize “Themis” in the category “Arbitration court (international arbitration)” – the highest public legal award in Belarus, established by the Belarusian Republican Union of Lawyers (2016).
Expert and Specialist
The attorney not only a lawyer-practitioner, but also a lawyer-scientist, which often helps to find original way-outs for his clients out of difficult situations. He is the author of numerous articles and monographs in the field of private international law, international civil process, international commercial and sports arbitration (the list of publications is available here). Aliaksandr Danilevich is a candidate of juridical sciences (thesis theme is “The Decision of the International Arbitration Court”). He teaches international commercial arbitration law and the international civil process at the Belarusian State University.
Aliaksandr Danilevich was involved as an expert or specialist in the cases adjudicated by the state and arbitration courts of the USA, Germany, Sweden on the issues of civil process and international private law.
Election as an arbitrator
Aliaksandr Danilevich has a regular practice of adjudication of disputes as an arbitrator. He is included in the list of recommended arbitrators of the International Arbitration Court at the Belarusian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BelCCI), is a member of the Sports Arbitration Court (TAS-CAS) in Lausanne (Switzerland), the Sports Arbitration Court at the Belarusian Republican Union of Lawyers. Aliaksandr Danilevich can also be elected by a party of an arbitration agreement as an arbitrator at the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (Sweden) and in several other international and national arbitration courts. Aliaksandr Danilevich was appointed as an arbitrator from Belarus at the International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes in New York (USA).
- BSU, Faculty of Law (specialization in international law), 1996;
- Scientific internships at the University of La Sapienza (Rome, Italy), the International Institute for the Unification of Private Law (Rome, Italy), the Swiss Institute of Comparative Law (Lausanne, Switzerland), the Sports Law Center of the Institute named after T.M.K. Asser (The Hague, The Netherlands) and the Institute of Private International Law named after Max Planck (Hamburg, Germany).
- Minsk City Bar Association (MCBA), member of the MCBA Methodological Council;
- Arbitrator of the Sports Arbitration Court in Lausanne (Switzerland);
- Arbitrator of the International Arbitration Court at the BelCCI (Belarusian Chamber of Commerce and Industry);
- Arbitrator from Belarus at the International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) in New York (USA);
- Arbitrator of the Harbin Arbitration Commission (China);
- International Bar Association (IBA);
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb);
- Ukrainian Arbitration Association (UAA);
- Disciplinary Committee of the Rugby Europe Association (Paris, France).
Belarusian, Russian, English, Italian, French, German (elementary), Ukrainian (elementary).